Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sore again... naturally

When Cindy and I first started losing the weight, I remember one night looking at each other and saying "will we always be this sore?". It felt that way as weeks upon weeks were filled with soreness and aches as we pushed muscles that had gotten used to "hanging around".

Thankfully, as time went on and the pounds dropped off the soreness came to an end. In fact, over time it was replaced with a feeling of athleticism. I began feeling strong and powerful. Not all the time, just often enough to like the feeling :-)

The other day we got Jillian Michael's "30 day Shred" workout video. We're in a group "Biggest Loser Fans" on SparkPeople.com and joined a challenge to do it everyday for a month.



How hard could it be? It's only 25 minutes a day...

OUCH! My shoulders are sore, my abs hurt, my triceps feel like they're going to fall off. I'm sore again!

I'm thinking that's a good thing...right? Thanks Jillian.

I'll post a blog at the end of May after all this daily shredding... I'm already seeing progress in my push ups. I realize that my lower body does a lot of my cardio work and this video is really giving my upper body a run for the money!

1 comment:

Mike said...

looking forward to seeing how you get on ... sounds like good motivation to get it done! I love the Biggest Loser programme. Gillian (spel?) is a very inspirational trainer.

Hope the soreness doesn't last too long :)