Thursday, May 22, 2008

Last Swim...

Today was my last swim before Saturday's triathlon. I set a new PR of 21:11 in the 750M and today was the first time that wasn't adding 3 different set's together to get the time... Yes, it's true, the 21:11 time was front to back with no stops.

Man! I was psyched! 750M is a LONG way for me, especially when I couldn't swim 50M without stopping a few months ago. My goal is sub 21 for the triathlon on Saturday.

I'm taking a break from my 30 day shred for a couple of days to rest up for the race. The triathlon is 750M swim, a 20K bike, and a 5k run. It's also my first attempt at organizing something like this.

We're going to have a "carboload" spagetti dinner tomorrow night, then race at 7:30 am on Saturday morning, then finish at our house for breakfast. It should be fun and I'll post some pictures!



Here's a picture of the pool where the triathlon will begin. It's a wonderful 50M pool near Mah Fah Luang University in the North of Chiang Rai. The owner is great and this will be the first race held there!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Congratulations on the swim ... those times are really coming down.

You must be getting really excited about the triathlon. Especially having to organise it and compete. How many are competing???

The pool looks gorgeous. Wish we had a local 50m pool.

Good luck for the tri. Can't wait to read about it and see pics! :))

William and Cindy Haynes said...

I am excited though quite nervous. I got this together for a friend who wanted to do a triathlon, but there aren't many chances here. I thought there'd be 5 or 6 people to do it with but I now have 16 signed up! The friend hurt her foot last week and now can't do the triathlon, but she'll be the timer. It's going to be a lot of fun! I'll post pics :-)

Mike said...

Great fun! :)

Well done for getting it all together :)