Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Different Holiday


Here's a picture of me windsurfing today... Yes, you heard right... windsurfing!

Cindy and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary. We were able to book a really wonderful week at a resort called Laguna Beach Resort in Phuket, Thailand. It reminds me a lot of the Hilton Waikaloa, on the Big Island of Hawaii. There's beautiful landscaping, attentive staff, and something I never noticed before... lots of exercise options! This morning, Cindy and I went on a one hour bike ride at 8 am (free), did aqua aerobics at 11 am(free), and then I went windsurfing this afternoon at 3 pm (free). Apparently, other resorts that we've been to before have this kind of thing going on... we just never noticed. Now that we're fitness focused, it's like a smorgabord of fun activities just waiting for us to choose. Every day we're planning the next and what activities we're going to do.

Tomorrow is a long run, then water aerobics, then Thai boxing! Cindy and I are having a blast and what a great way to celebrate 20 years together in marriage!